GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION TO U.G. COURSES IN ARTS & SCIENCE
Education(Hons ) and Hindi(Hons) newly introduced from the ssesion 2012-2013 . Contact college office for direct admission
1. All candidates willing to get admission must pass the H.S.Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination in 2011. Those who passed in the previous year may apply but 10% marks will be deducted from their grand total and then come in for consideration.
2. Admission forms(Rs. 50/- only) and college prospectus will be available from 5th June to 13th June, 2012(8-00 A.M to 3-00 P.M) from college counters after the production of original mark sheet. The admission forms are to be filled in by the candidate himself and signed by his father / guardian in the column as provided in the form. The admission form also can be downloaded from this Website from above date and filled application from will be submitted by hand or post along with attested copy of relevent documents mentioned bellow & Rs.100 demand draft in favour of Principal,Midnapore College Payable at Midnapore within 15th june 2012 .
3. For each honours course subject separate filled in applications have to be submitted.
4. Government rules will be followed in case of SC / ST / OBC / Physically handicapped / Ex-military servicemen candidate. 5% of the total seats will be reserved for other boards / councils.
5. The first merits lists of admission will be published on 19th June and the listed candidates must get admission within 20th & 22nd June, 2012 otherwise their candidature will be cancelled.
The second merit list (if not filled by previous merit list) will be published on 23rd June and the listed candidates must get admission within 23rd & 25th June, 2012 otherwise their candidature will be cancelled.
The third merit list (if not filled by previous merit list) will be published on26th June and the listed candidates must get admission within 26th June & 27th june, 2012 otherwise their candidature will be cancelled.
The fourth merit list(if not filled by previous merit list)will be published on 28th June and the listed candidates must get admission within 28th & 29th June, 2012 otherwise their candidature will be cancelled.
Direct Admission in Computer Science(Hons) & B.C.A ,Microbiology(Hons), Sociology(Hons), Statistics, Economics & Electronics
Direct admission will be held in the above mentioned subjects only on and from 05-06-2012 to 16-06-2012 . Time : 11-30 A.M. to 3-30 P.M.
If seats are lying vacant after direct admission of the above mentioned subjects :
The merits lists will be published on 19th June , 2012 and the listed candidates are to appear for COUNCELLING on 20th June,2012 ( 10-00 A.M. to 12-30 P.M.) , otherwise their candidature will be cancelled. Selected Candidates must deposit fees and take Admission at the Cash Counter on 20th June,2012 ( This website announcement is purely for information and all candidates are requested to contact College Office in working Hours to verify dates and time)
6. Incomplete applications will be cancelled. The forms must be submitted along with the following documents:-
a) One attested copy of Madhyamik / Equivalent Admit Card.
b) One attested copy of Madhyamik / Equivalent Marksheet.
c) One attested copy of Madhyamik / Equivalent Marksheet.
d) One attested copy of H.S. (10+2) / Equivalent Marksheet.
e) One attested copy of character certificate of the Institution last attended.
f) One attested copy SC /ST certificate in case of such candidates.
g) One copy of self authenticated passport size photograph of the candidate.
7. Teaching of General courses in the discipline of Arts will be provided in the Morning Section. Teaching of Honours course in science subjects only is imparted in the Morning Section. In the Day Section all Honours subjects, elective subjects, Computer Science (Pass & Hons.), Physical Education (General course), and B.C.A. are taught.
8. Chemistry as Elective subject may be taken with Botany, Zoology and Physiology Honours courses.
Only eight candidates on merit basis will be selected for Chemistry as elective subject from each of these departments. So from these three departments total 24 candidates will be selected. But the students of Day Section have to attend practical classes in Chemistry in the Morning Shift and the Students of the Morning Section to attend practical classes in the Day Section.
9.The following subjects are self-financing. The candidates have to pay additional fees for these subjects which are:-
a) Microbiology (Honours)
b) B.C.A. (Day)
d) Physical Education(General- Morning)
10. At the time of admission original marksheets have to be produced; otherwise there will be no admission.
11. Any admission will be treated as Provisional Admission will be cancelled for any mistake or suppression of facts. In this regard the decision of the college authority will be final.
12. Admission will be cancelled in the case of a student who will not attend 50% of the total classes in the first two months of the beginning of the classes. Besides this, a student found indisciplined will be rusticated from the college.
Fees once submitted for admission will not be refunded.
The rules mentioned above are subject to change in need.
Minimum requirements of qualifications for application.
Intake Capacity and Qualifying Marks for Admission
A) HONOURS COURSE :~
B) GENERAL COURSE :~
HONOURS COURSE :~
Honours subject + any two of the A.B.C as Optional Elective subjects.
B) GENERAL COURSE :~
English and Bengali as compulsory subjects of Full Marks 50 each are to be taken in keeping with the terms of the State Government Higher Education Policy. These subjects will be of one paper each and 15 as pass Marks is to be scored by a candidate in each compulsory subject.
©2004 MidnaporeCollege.org - All Rights Reserved